Tooth Hygiene For Children
Helping your children take care of their teeth is an important task, but sometimes it can feel like a real struggle. Having the right tools to hand can make the job easier. With our range of quality teething products and our toothbrushes and toothpaste, convincing them won’t be so difficult. Whether you are looking for a flavour free natural toothpaste or an organic brand which is gentle on the little one’s teeth, then MooWoo can assist.
Strong, healthy teeth are your aim, and with good brushing habits and regular dental checkups, it can be achieved. Twice daily brushing can prevent plaque which can cause cavities and lead to other issues such as gingivitis.
Here are some top tips for parents wanting to ensure their kid’s teeth remain in tip-top condition.
- Remind them to brush their teeth at least twice a day. If it is possible to brush after a sweet snack or following lunch, even better.
- Always use soft bristles to avoid damaging the gum. This is the most comfortable option for young children.
- Show them how to brush all of their teeth including the tricky backs and sides. Your dentist may also be able to provide them with some healthy tips.
- Use a timer so they can see when it is time to stop. Setting it to 2 minutes will get them into healthy habits from a young age.
- Replace the children’s toothbrushes every three months to confirm they are adequately cleaning their teeth.
- Explain to your children that brushing their tongue will keep their breath fresh.
- Teach them how to floss their teeth to remove bits of food hidden from view. With a bit of practice, it will soon become second nature.
- Book bi-annual visits to the dentist to make sure that all is well. They can also assist with the repair of any cavities and cleaning.
Ensuring that there is lots of fresh food and healthy drinks available will also go a long way in keep their teeth healthy and clean. Foods such as healthy grains with a lot of fruits and vegetables are your best choice. And when it comes to choosing what to drink, water is always best.