By two years of age, a child will have spent more time asleep than awake. A healthy amount of sleep is essential for babies as it directly impacts their mental and physical development, as well as happiness. The practice of swaddling has been used for centuries in many different cultures as it recreates a womb-like environment and produces a calming and soothing effect. Research demonstrates that when swaddled correctly, babies are safer since they are more likely to stay asleep on their backs. Swaddling also keeps your little one in REM sleep (the most restorative, deepest sleep) for longer periods of time…so you can enjoy more sleep too!
The NEW Ergobaby® Lightweight Swaddler, features soft, breathable mesh to ensure cool comfort for your baby during warmer weather. Like the Ergobaby Original Swaddler, it offers a simple and effective way to ensure your baby sleeps safely and soundly. The easy-to-use patented designs is recommended by mums and medical experts alike and is ackowledged by the International Hip Dysplasia Institude as a ‘hip healthy’ product.
The design features a unique ‘removable leg pouch’ which allows for quick and easy nappy changes and use with harness systems commonly found in swings and bouncers.
Ergobaby’s Lightweight Swaddler is made from extra-airy mesh fabric, making it 33% lighter than the Original Swaddler. The breatheable fabric is gentle on baby’s skin and provides the flexibility to stretch with baby’s movements for the ultimate in cool comfort.
By popular demand, the Ergobaby Swaddler is now available in single packs and has been re-released as a convenient single-size swaddling solution for newborns (0-4 months).
Features and Benefits
– New revolutionary design in line with International Hip Dysplasia Institute recommendations
– Physician recommended ergonomically correct ‘frog-leg’ position
– Easy-to-use ensures that baby is snug and safe in just a few simple steps
– Arm pockets secure baby’s arms and help to replicate the fetal position of ‘hands to heart’
– Escape proof specially designed to prevent unravelling or shifting during sleep
– Convenient leg pouch provides easy access to baby’s nappy and allows use with swings and bouncers
– Soft and breathable 60% Cotton, 40% Polyester
Swaddling with arms enclosed prevents startle reflex that may disturb sleep, but is not recommended once baby is able to roll as this may increase the risk of suffocation.